One of my favorite days while we were in Italy last fall was when we were recommended by Walks of Italy to take their private farmhouse experience in Tuscany. It was by far the best food we had eaten on our trip and it was cooked by us (with lots of help)!
What did we eat, drink, and make?
- Bruschetta with home made olive oil
- Saffron risotto with organic saffron from their vegetable garden
- Tagliatella Mal Tagliate (egg pasta) with organic tomatoes from their vegetable garden
- Fresh salad
- Slow cooked beef tenderloin
- Summer fruit cake
- Fontanaro 2010 wine made by them
See also: Paradise Under the Tuscan Sun
Walks of Italy provided us a comped tour in exchange for a review. All opinions are obviously mine. Trust me, the food was incredible.
[question]Have you been to Tuscany? What was your experience like?[/question]